North Korea ‘Hackers Steal US-South Korea War Plans’

0
93
Spread the love

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un speaks during a ceremony to award party and state commendations to nuclear scientists, technicians, soldier-builders, workers and officials for their contribution to what North Korea said was a successful hydrogen bomb test, at the meeting hall of the Central Committee of the Workers’ Party of Korea (WPK) in this undated photo released January 13, 2016. REUTERS/KCNA.

According to Rhee Cheol-hee, lawmaker in South Korea, the hacked documents compromised include wartime contingency plans drawn up by the US and South Korea.

They also include reports to the allies’ senior commanders.

The South Korean defence ministry has so far refused to comment about the allegation.

Plans for the South’s special forces were reportedly accessed, along with information on si gnificant power plants and military facilities in the South.

According to BBC news, Mr Rhee said some 235 gigabytes of military documents had been stolen from the Defence Integrated Data Centre, and that 80% of them have yet to be identified.

The hack took place in September last year. In May, South Korea said a large amount of data had been stolen and that North Korea may have instigated the cyber attack – but gave no details of what was taken.

North Korea denied the claim.

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here