Former vice-president, Namadi Sambo has slammed security agencies in the country, labelling them “desperate.”
Sambo said his house had been raided four times “in six months” and said the security operatives were on a “fault-finding mission”.
On Wednesday, heavily armed operatives of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) raided the former vice-president’s residence in Abuja(http://dailypost.ng/2017/06/28/armed-security-men-raid-namadi-sambos-house-kaduna/) and did not find anything incriminating.
In a statement released on Saturday by his media aide, Umar Sani, Sambo said: “As a law-abiding citizen, the former vice-president did not raise any alarm in the previous invasions in view of the fact that he has nothing to hide.
“The recent desperation exhibited by some security agencies in carrying out a raid on an unoccupied residence blocking all entry and exit points, in a commando-style and coming along with a bullion van speaks volumes of the clandestine intention of the security operatives.
“It is, therefore, worrisome to note that the consistency with which the searches occurred and the intervals between them portrays a desire of a fault-finding mission. We are apprehensive that a repeat of such episode will not be surprising if an incriminating object is planted in his residence in order to wilfully and deliberately incriminate him.
“It is against this background that we wish to draw the attention of the unsuspecting members of the public to this phenomenon.
“The desperation of some of the security agencies is glaring by the number of times such searches were conducted and still counting. We hope it is not a way to try to give a dog a bad name in order to hang it.”