N-Power: Osinbajo Orders Portal To Be Opened June 17

Musa Ibrahim         Posted:    1 year ago
Spread the love
N-Power: Osinbajo Orders Portal To Be Opened June 17

Acting President Yemi Osinbajo has directed that online portal of the Federal Government’s job initiative, N-Power, be re-opened on June 17.

This was disclosed by the Minister of State, Budget and Planning, Zainab Ahmed on Tuesday in Abuja.

Ahmed said the FG will ensure the programme accommodated more beneficiaries this year, while encouraging youths to apply for the programme.

She also stated that the government’s National Social Investment Programme (N-SIP), has empowered over 1.6 million Nigerians so far.

“For example, in N-Power Scheme that 200,000 beneficiaries have been employed, we are supposed to increase it to 500,000 beneficiaries in 2017.

“There is opportunity in the N-Power Programme for employment. There is opportunity in the GEEP for you to get finances to be able to start businesses. Please, this is real, it is working, join the process and be a beneficiary,” the Minister said.

Ahmed added that the programme has not attained its set target, because of the delay in implementation.

“The deployment, release of funds didn’t start till October 2016; and it is so because we want to make sure that the programme is planned properly.

“We want to make sure that each beneficiary has bank account linked to BVN; we are targeting the right people, not just people nominated by big people.

“That took a lot of time, but we thank God that the programme is going on well and it is now easier to upscale it,” she explained.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.