The international break is usually a very difficult time for (EPL) managers and it seems high-flying Chelsea stars are not immune to the stresses and strains of serving their fatherland.
Chelsea Manager, Antonio Conte could be faced with a selection headache when Crystal Palace visits Stamford Bridge on Saturday for the second leg of their English Premier League (EPL) tie.
With five key stars of Chelsea reportedly injured, Conte will be sweating over the state of his squad when Sam Allardyce’s Eagles come calling.
The five players with serious injuries issues are.
- Thibaut Courtois: He injured his hip playing for Belgium against Greece.
- Victor Moses: Fitness doubt with calf muscle strain despite 70 minutes against Stoke city.
- Eden Hazard: Sustained calf injury on international duty and returned home.
- Diego Costa: Ankle knock in training require an X-ray, and is being monitored.
- John Terry: Sidelined with a knock and unable to cover, if Victor Moses misses out.